Safe-Hub® believes that every young person has great potential that deserves to be realised. We collaborate across sectors to create globally-replicable, safe spaces that use the power of football to engage youth in holistic development.
Football & Education Centre
Education Centre Back
- Safe and Fun
Safe-Hub is a place of physical and emotional safety and – most importantly –fun!
- Young people own the Safe-Hub space and are integral to all decision-making
- Each participant’s experience is our priority: Every Kid, Every Day, Every Moment!
- Quality after-school programmes help young people learn in a fun, cool and experiential way
- All coaches are trained as child and youth care workers and are committed to the highest standard of child protection practices
- On-site social workers provide counselling and reliable referral pathway networks
- All staff are qualified in First Aid and ensure that participants receive the best care
- Our facilities are kept safe through partnerships with neighbourhood watch and local community leadership
- One-Stop Shop
The Safe-Hub is a shared space that facilitates innovative collaboration. We bring diverse partners together to offer young people holistic support, services and opportunities. We provide a platform for collective impact.
- Our Youth Café and Academy offer professional development support, market- driven skills development programmes, and accredited qualifications. It serves as a catalyst for employment, further education and training.
- Safe-Hub hosts a variety of quality after-school programmes including: sports and recreation, arts and culture, academic tutoring and e-learning
- Young people can access free Wi-Fi and use Safe-Hub computers to do schoolwork
- Specialised staff offer counselling and local partners provide a coordinated referral network
- Strong local role models support young people on their individual paths to becoming responsible, productive and positive citizens
Diverse and integrated income and funding streams ensure Safe-Hub’s financial sustainability.
- We ensure long-term government collaboration by integrating with local government programmes and being aligned to government strategy
- We create income generation opportunities for local entrepreneurs and business owners
- We offer young people the opportunity to incubate start-up businesses
- We provide opportunities for community-based stakeholders to rent our football pitch or meeting and assembly rooms
- We sell advertising space in and around the Safe-Hub
Our social-franchise model was designed to be replicated. Safe-Hub has a global vision and is in a unique position to scale our award-winning results internationally.
- Through a social franchise system, we can replicate our proven model across South Africa and internationally in a highly-qualitative, cost-efficient way
- Safe-Hub is a platform for best-practise NGOs, public sector and private sector partners to collaborate on youth development
- Shared offices and facilities support collaborative programme planning and implementation
- Work spaces facilitate youth-driven think tanks that develop innovative and effective solutions to complex problems
- The Academy, information centre and networking space provide a bridge between youth and employment opportunities, as well as further education and training programmes with local business and government